TZIMMES WITH TAHINI PESTO AND POMEGRANATE
Ingredients & Method
• 4 large carrots
• 1 large sweet potato
• 1 large russet potato
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Pinch cayenne optional
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon orange or lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
For tahini pesto:
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves
• 1 cup cilantro leaves
• 1 medium garlic clove
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• ¼ cup tahini
• ½ cup olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss carrots, sweet potatoes and russet potatoes with olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and caramelized. Sprinkle finished vegetables with orange juice as soon as you take them out of the oven.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, make the pesto.
5. Place basil, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and tahini in a blender and process.
6. Then drizzle in olive oil with the motor running and process again until smooth.
7. Season will salt and pepper to taste. Serve vegetables with pesto and pomegranate arils on top.